1. I will start with a basic design brief, taking into account the dimensions, backdrop and materials to be used in the piece.
2. I would then sketch up 2 or 3 initial designs, mull them over for days or weeks, before deciding upon which one to go for.
3. More technical drawings, component lists and timber orders made.
4. Rough timber is selected, rough sawn and left to acclimatise in workshop.
5. The making starts in earnest.
6. The piece is finished with oil/wax and placed in situ, ready for a lifetime of use and admiration!